Wednesday, April 15, 2015

MulticulturalWeek - Haiku/Story

twelve tickets don't arrive
i chase the bell to buy more
but few are worth them
------
I have economics, then calculus, then physics, then lunch. In a way, it's preparation to make a cost-benefit analysis of the taste and caloric content of the food. Despite the hype, the food, the four days of excess spending and "epicurean" delight, I still manage to forget to rush out the door after fourth period. Four years of this only has made me more forgetful of the rush for food, as I've found that other things take precedence as one has their horizons expanded by education and experience. But a part of me still clings to the past, to the times when I didn't have to care so much about college or money or grades and just live in the fishbowl of school. So I still rush out after every afternoon bell, despite my engrossment in what I am doing in class, or in the conversations I have with others. In the end, does the food really matter?

1 comment:

  1. This was written very well Sam! I felt as if I was in your shoes went I was reading this.

    ReplyDelete